November 30, 2008

Trimming the Tree

As I've done in past years, I frantically tried to get the tree up while Connor was down for his afternoon nap. It's a fun surprise for him when he wakes up and gets to help decorate the tree. Leave it to Riley to throw a wrench in my plans though. He woke up from his nap early, and wasn't about to go back to sleep. He was being very vocal, and I was afraid he might wake up Connor. I brought him downstairs and let him "help" me get some of the decorations out. He got ahold of Daddy's Barry Bonds ornament and ended up biting his foot off. (I'm telling you, he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth.) When I told Daddy, he said Barry got what he deserved. Well then. I hit gold when I found some Christmas stuffed animals, one of which is a dancing/singing dog. Riley loved it and was entertained long enough for me to finish putting up the tree.






No comments: