January 24, 2011

Double Take

The boys have recently become fascinated with the digital photo frame sitting on the bar in the kitchen.  It's become a game for them to figure out which one of them is in each picture.  As strange as it sounds, they're not always right.  When it comes to their baby pictures, it can definitely be a toss up.  There's no mistaking that they're brothers.  People used to tell me all the time that Riley looks exactly like Connor. In fact, they called him Mini Connor. Whenever I looked at Riley, all I saw was Riley. Now as I look back at pictures, it's easy to see what people were talking about.  I have to admit that on occasion I've had to take a second glance at a picture to determine if it's Connor or Riley. It's partially my fault because in quite a few pictures they're in the same outfit.  It's usually only a problem if I can't see the hair . . . or the legs. Some examples:

CONNOR .................................................................RILEY


 

 



A few of the pictures date back to a time when Daddy and I were together, but before the kids were around.  Whenever a picture of us pops us, Connor likes to explain the history of the picture to Riley.  For instance, "That's Mommy and Daddy when they got married" or "That's Mommy and Daddy when Daddy came home from the war."  My favorite explanation though is, "That's Mommy and Daddy before I was born and before God put me in the oven."

No comments: