May 2, 2008

Going Home

After being in the hospital for 4 days, I was ready to go home. The nurses started asking us the second day we were in here if we were ready to go home. Although I was sore, I felt relatively good. Also, the food wasn't all that great, so the thought of going home to one of Nanny's meals was very tempting. However, I wanted to utilize every minute our insurance covered to "rest." I use that term loosely only because the door to our room may as well have been a revolving door. Regardless of the time of day - or night - the medical staff were coming and going on a regular basis. I haven't really had much good, sound sleep since Riley was born. Surprisingly, the nurses were shocked when I would ask them to take Riley to the nursery at night so I could sleep. Seriously. They were shocked that I wanted to try to get some sleep before bringing a newborn home? I was shocked that they were shocked. Looking back, I'm thinking I probably would have had more sleep if I had gone home, but hindsight is always 20/20. Daddy got our little boy dressed in his "going home" outfit while I packed up all my stuff. I had barely zipped up my bag when a nurse showed up with a wheelchair to whisk me out to the car that Daddy had pulled up to the valet drive. We loaded everything up, and away we went . . . back to reality.

1 comment:

NYCityChic said...

Go girl! Giving birth to a full grown adult will take it outta ya! Glad to hear you are feeling better.
xoxox,
DeAnne