May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Connor made a project for me at daycare, and was so excited about it that he gave it to me as soon as he came home on Friday instead of waiting until today. However, I still got a surprise. Daddy surprised me with a box of strawberry cream filled chocolates (anyone who knows me should know how fast I snarfed those puppies up). As usual, my request for my special day was to just keep it low key and to go for a walk.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
For dinner, we gathered at Grandma and Grandpa's with the rest of the family. When getting ready to go, I went to put on the necklace I was given on Mother's Day last year. However, it was not where it was supposed to be. I started freaking out. It had been a few weeks since I've worn any jewelry whatsoever. I tried to remember the last time I had worn it, but my brain is fried. Childbirth will do that. Temporarily, at least. I really didn't want to have to tell Daddy that the necklace was missing, especially since he still gives me flack for a necklace that was stolen while I was Mexico 5 years ago. When I mentioned it to him, however, he didn't freak out like I thought he might. Instead, he asked when I last wore it, then said we needed to get going and he would help me look for it when we got home. After we ate dinner, we sat around in the family room opening presents. Just when I thought we were done with the festivities, Daddy got up and with the help of Connor, brought a huge bouquet of flowers to me, along with a little velvet box. You can imagine my surprise when I opened that box and found my necklace in it. He had Riley's birthstone (a diamond) added to it. So sneaky! While at Grandma's, we thought it would be fun to get a picture of Riley with his older cousin, Lexi (older by almost 4 months). Lexi didn't agree.

No comments: