June 16, 2008

An Afternoon at the Park

Watching Connor and Kenner grow up together has been fun, even though their time together is limited due to geography. I guess it makes it that much more impressive that they get along so well - the majority of the time, anyway.

Whenever Connor goes to Grandma's house, he always asks to go to the park. Regardless of weather or time of day, he will ask. It's obviously not always feasible, but today was a perfect day to fulfill his request. We loaded the babies up in strollers and set out. Without any prompting from anyone, Connor and Kenner held hands on the way there. I'm sure years down the line it's the last thing either of them would want to do, but for now, it makes for a cute picture.

Anyone who knows Grandma knows she's about as handicapped as they come when it comes to using a camera. On our way to the park, Jules and I asked her to take a picture of us walking with our strollers. We posed and she snapped a shot, following it up by saying, "You may want to look at it to make sure I didn't cut off anyone's head." Thank goodness for digital cameras! I took one look at the picture and could barely stand up because I was laughing so hard. She managed to cut out everyone except Riley. I adjusted my camera and let her have a second try, which turned out much better.










Once at the park, the boys went crazy, running from one thing to the next on the playground. Meanwhile, I was able to catch Riley on camera with his newfound smile. He started smiling last week, right about the time I was complaining that he wasn't smiling yet. It comes at the most unexpected times though, so it's been a challenge to get a picture of it. Mere moments after I took the picture of him, he was fast asleep.




















Kameron soon joined Riley in la-la land, so we were able to give Connor and Kenner our undivided attention. They had a fabulous time, chasing each other around and burning off lots of pent up energy. On the way home, they were both fascinated with a spider scooting across the sidewalk. Again, without speaking, they decided at the same time that the spider should meet it's demise.





No comments: