February 12, 2009

More Connor-isms

Maybe he's just at that age where he thinks he's so grown up . . .

Connor was showing me a picture he had colored for Valentine's Day. He pointed at Cupid and said, "See that guy? If he shoots you with an arrow, you'll fall and love."

Dre reminded me of this quote today: "Mommy, when will I be a man?"

If our timing is right, sometimes Rita's mom shows up at daycare at the same time I do after work. If that happens, Connor and Rita will play "hide and seek" while Jennifer and I chit chat. After doing this one evening, we loaded up in our cars to head our separate ways. Rita used to live in the same area as us, but moved a few months ago. When Connor watched them turn the opposite way out of the parking lot, he asked where they were going. I reminded him that Rita moved into a different house. His response was, "you mean she doesn't live at the ball Cheetos house anymore?" I told him no, they live in a different house and he should remember since he's played there before. At this point in time, he informed me that we need to move as well. I asked him why, and he stated it's because "our house doesn't have ball Cheetos either. We need to move to a house that has ball Cheetos."

No comments: