February 27, 2009

Shearing the Sheep

Connor was pretty much a baldy and didn't need a haircut until his first birthday. He didn't even need one then, so it was done more as a ceremonial right of passage for him. Riley, on the other hand, was born with a head full of hair. We had a quick cut done right before Thanksgiving, but I don't really count it (mostly because I didn't get to take pictures of it being done). It's been driving me crazy lately though, so I felt it was time for an official "first haircut." We picked up Grandma, and headed over to Lollilocks for a good shearing. He wasn't too sure what to think of it. He kept wanting to watch the girl. Grandma did a pretty good job distracting him though, first with a book, then a toy, then bubbles.























.
.
.
.
Overall, he didn't squawk too much. I'm guessing he wouldn't have lasted much longer though. He was fairly impressed with himself when he was done and we all started oohing and aahing. Somehow the haircut transformed him from my little baby into a little boy. But he sure is a handsome boy!

No comments: