April 12, 2009

Easter

In the midst of planning birthday parties for the boys, I remembered that the Easter Bunny needed to make a delivery today. Unknowingly, both boys helped me buy some stuff yesterday while we were out running errands. On the weekends, Connor usually wakes up around 6:30 and climbs into bed with me. Because of this, I was a bit surprised when I woke up at 7:30 and Connor was nowhere in sight. I headed down the hall, not believing for an instant that he could still be asleep. I heard some rustling downstairs, so took a peek before heading into Connor's room. There he was, sitting on a kitchen chair with his feet propped up on the table, eating his Easter candy. When he saw me, he exclaimed, "Mommy, the Easter Bunny came when we were sleeping!" Imagine that. After breakfast, Connor and dyed some eggs and decorated them with superhero decals.







.
.
.
After the boys' afternoon naps, we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner with the family. Riley was thrilled to play with Lexi in their "kitchen." It's fun to watch him set the table, "cook" things (i.e. orange slices, ketchup bottle, etc - all plastic of course), then put it all in his mouth. Meanwhile, Connor played chess with Micah. I'm not sure who won, but the game ended with Micah carrying Connor off upside down, over his shoulder. I actually sat down and relaxed for a while. It felt good.









No comments: