April 18, 2009

Once There Was A Snowman

I took the day off yesterday to run last minutes errands in preparation for Riley's birthday party today. However, Mother Nature decided it was a great day to dump a whole lot of snow. It made "quick" errands take longer, and naturally I didn't get them all done. I had to finish up a few errands first thing this morning, driving around in the slush and snow. When I came home, I found Nanny standing alone in the kitchen. She told me Riley was napping, then pointed outside when I asked about Daddy and Connor. Apparently, after watching Connor play in the snow a bit, Daddy decided he needed to get out in it as well. Together, they made a snowman. Once the body of the snowman was created, Connor trudged up to the back door asking for various items to complete their masterpiece. First, he asked for a bucket. Then, a carrot. And last, something for the eyes, mouth and buttons. I gave them more than enough Hershey Kisses for the snowman, so they ended up popping a few in their mouths as well.

















They finished up the snowman just in time for lunch. Connor was very pleased with their work of art. He continually peeked outside to make sure he wasn't melting, even though I explained that he wouldn't melt until it stopped snowing and the sun came out. He also made sure all guests that showed up for Riley's party caught a glimpse of Mr. Snowman.

No comments: