April 1, 2011

April Fools' Day

I don't think it's any big secret that I have some very gullible family members.  What better day to take advantage of their gullibility than April Fool's Day?  I brainstormed all day to come up with an idea for a joke.  When I finally came up with one, I decided I better run it by the hubby first.  It would be more credible if we were both in on it anyway.  Jeremy actually came up with the idea to throw props into the mix.  We planned to launch Operation Big Brother at Grandma and Grandpa's house, but needed to wait for the right moment.  That moment came after dinner, when all the kids were asked to change into their jammies before we turned on Tangled for them to watch.  I took Riley into the other room, changed him into his pajama bottoms, and slipped a Big Brother shirt on him.  Of course he was clueless and had no idea that we were using him as a pawn in our evil plan.  Once he was changed, I sent him into the other room and waited to see how much time passed before someone noticed . . .

No comments: