March 19, 2011

Mini Reunion

In my younger years, it seems like my family spent time with my mom's extended family each summer.  We were only a day's drive away, so it wasn't a big deal to make the trip.  My dad's extended family, however, lived further away so we didn't get to see them nearly as often as we would have liked.  In the past year, I have been able to reconnect with my dad's family via Facebook.  One cousin, Leah, now lives just 2 hours north of us, and I've been itching to make a trip up there to see her and meet her husband, Bill.  The perfect opportunity presented itself when another cousin, Laura, decided to make a trip for a certain someone's surprise party.  So with plans set in motion, we piled into Tin's car last night and made the drive.  And what fun we had!  Bill just recently started a new venture at a sports bar, Taps, so that's where we met.  I had been hearing all about it and had checked out the menu weeks before when it opened for business, so was anxious to check it out as well.  Bill gave us the lowdown on what to order from the menu (since he came up with it) and it was FABULOUS!  Needless to say, I'm guessing we'll be seeing Leah and Bill much more often in the future.  There's no way we're going to let so much time pass by before seeing each other again!

No comments: