March 10, 2011

Miss You

I have temporarily changed my work schedule for two weeks.  This requires me to be at work an hour earlier than usual so that I can leave work and get home in time to meet Connor's bus in the afternoon.  Since I have to leave an hour earlier in the morning in order to do this, all three boys are still sleeping when I leave.  Or I guess SHOULD be sleeping.  The problem is the garage sits directly below Riley's room.  Each morning when I pull out of the garage, I can count on seeing a little face peek out his window.  It's heartbreaking to see the tears.  When I come home at night, Riley gives me a big hug and tells me, "miss you."  Each night I've explained to him that I have to leave early, and I would love to see him peek out the window, give me a big smile, and blow me kisses.  He responds, "no, miss you."  Last night I told him that if he didn't blow me kisses this morning, I was going to take a picture of him.  I don't think he believed me.  On the bright side, only one more day of leaving early, then back to our regular schedule.

No comments: