February 12, 2011

Double Date

It couldn't have worked out better if I had intentionally planned it myself.  Aunt Tin called Thursday night to ask if she could take the boys to Mischa's play at school.  Of course I said yes.  As I thought about it, it occurred to me that Jeremy and I could seize the moment and celebrate Valentine's Day.  He was going to be working the rest of the weekend, so we wouldn't be able to do it any other time.  It was perfect!  So this morning Aunt Tin came by to pick up the boys and whisked them off to Red Robin for lunch with Grandma, followed by the play.  As usual, the boys were beside themselves with excitement for their "date" and insisted on looking handsome.  Part of that process consisted of Connor having to comb his own hair, by himself, no help.  I guess he has to learn sometime.   










After they left, Jeremy and I headed north to Southlands for lunch and a movie, making a pit stop on the way to see my good friend, Daphna, show off her new look and beaming smile in a fashion show.  We ended up lunching at PF Chang's, then headed to the theater to see The Eagle.  Aunt Tin had some plans for later in the evening, so the boys went home with Grandma and Grandpa to play for a bit until our movie was over.  All in all, I think both dates were a hit.

No comments: