February 11, 2011

Natural Curiosity

If I have to run an errand, it goes a lot smoother if I only have one of the boys along for the ride.  Otherwise, they irritate each other and egg each other on, which in turn torments me.  With that said, the presence of both boys is not required to drive me crazy.  They are both equally capable of driving me crazy on their own.  Yesterday was no different.  I left work in time to meet Connor's bus at home.  He surprised me by offering to help me shovel the driveway and turned out to be a great help.  After shoveling, we had to leave to pick up Riley, but I wanted to stop off at Walmart first to get a few items.  Connor made it known that he was not too thrilled with having to run the errand with me.  Once we stepped foot in the store, it seems he was doing everything possible to make sure I would never ask him to run an errand with me again.  His hands were everywhere, touching anything and everything he could.  I asked him repeatedly to stop touching, and even asked that he put his hands in his pockets and leave them there.  Blatantly ignoring my requests, I finally turned to him and asked him WHY he had to keep touching everything.  He responded, "Well . . . I have a natural curiosity."  I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

No comments: