February 23, 2011

Young Love

Tonight I was sitting in the office working on our taxes.  Connor came in and asked for a blank sheet of paper.  I handed him one and he walked out.  A few minutes later, he came back and asked how to spell the word "because."  I wrote it down on a piece of paper for him, and again he walked out of the room.  Another minute went by, and in he came again, this time asking how to spell the word "beautiful."  Again, I wrote the word on a piece of paper.  My curiosity had definitely peaked by this point.  Before I could get up to find out what he was doing, he came back in to ask for an envelope.  I finally asked him what he was doing.  He left briefly and returned with a note for his best friend, Rita.  He said he wanted to mail it to her so she would remember that he loves her.  I let him put the stamp on the envelope.

No comments: